It’s important to always be asking yourself what you can do to improve at your job or anything you invest your time and energy into. We have taken from a list “Today in PT” magazine, and added some of our own to put together this list of ten items we can do to be better at what we do.
The following list are things we can do to be great at what we do:
- Focus on the Positives – Try and remember what you really like about your job. Remind yourself of the positive aspects of your job like friends and colleagues and patients.
- Challenge Yourself – In every job there are going to moments of some boredom. Think about ways you can make your job more interesting and share them with those you work with.
- Every Day Enjoyment – Look at your skills and interests and find things you enjoy doing everyday and how you can incorporate them into your job.
- Take Charge of Professional and Personal Development -If you’re itching to know more and enhance your education start with your current role and research education and certification for the job you have. If you’re interested in continuing education make sure you ask someone at Preferred for information on how we can be of assistance!
- Be a Team Player – Help out your co workers. Lending a helping hand even in the most mundane tasks can leave a lasting impression and it will make you feel good too.
- Have Fun – You’ll enjoy work even more if there is some humor. Just because your work is serious doesn’t mean you can’t laugh every once in a while.
- Get Involved – Attend annual and district meetings for your discipline. Get to know the issues you are faced with. The more involved you are the bigger the difference you can make!
- Have a Plan to Accomplish Your Tasks – Make a plan or a list and work the plan. Everyone get’s stressed out, and not getting work done like you expected can be a big cause of that. Get organized, make a plan, but allow for flexibility in your plan.
- Demonstrate Integrity – Never engage in any activity that exploits others. Report Illegal or unethical behavior to the appropriate authorities when warranted.
- Leave Work at Work – This isn’t always possible, but as much as possible leave work at work and allow yourself to enjoy your personal life as well. As you maintain balance between work and personal life you will feel more energized for each.
Make sure you look at our website for more information and resources on how you can be the best at what you do. Also, don’t forget to look at our job board. New jobs are posted daily! We appreciate all our PT’s, PTA’s, OT’s, OTA’s and SLP’s and all you do to be the best. If you feel we have left something off the list or you would like to add to it we would love to hear your comments!