Search for Ultrasound Technician Jobs
See our current Ultrasound Tech opportunities by using the job search above. Preferred has built relationships with numerous healthcare facilities across the nation, so we are always looking for qualified Diagnostic Medical Sonographers to fill openings. If you would like to be notified of new and future Sonographer jobs, go ahead and apply today.
Sonographers are primarily responsible for using ultrasound equipment to produce diagnostic medical images of structures inside the body. Other Ultrasound Tech duties include preparing examinations, maintaining essential equipment, and carefully explaining necessary information to patients.
Ultrasound Technician Salary Information
A Diagnostic Medical Sonographer’s salary varies considerably based on one’s location, education, experience, and more. On average, Ultrasound Techs earn around $79,003 a year. The lower 10 percent of this group earns approximately $64,752, while the upper 10 percent can earn around $93,642.
Ultrasound Technician Job Outlook
The job outlook for Sonographers is much better than average. According to the Ultrasound Technician Center, the career is projected to grow 26 percent by the year 2024. Whether you are entering or are already in this field, now is a great time to seek new job opportunities.
Ultrasound Technician Specializations
Additional certifications are a great way to stand out for higher-paying, better jobs in the field of sonography. There are many specializations for Ultrasound Technicians to consider pursuing, including:
- Vascular Interventional Sonography, which involves diagnostic imaging of veins and arteries for various medical procedures.
- Obstetric Sonography, which is used to evaluate the female reproductive system during pregnancy.
- Echocardiography, which is used to monitor and observe the heart.
- Musculoskeletal Sonography, which is used to observe the skeletal system including tendons, muscles, and joints.
- Gynecologic Sonography, which is used to monitor female pelvic organs.
- Doppler Sonography, which is used to enhance sonographic observations.
Preferred Healthcare Staffing accounts for your experience, certification, type of desired work, and location to match you with the best possible Ultrasound Technician opportunities. So, when you’re ready, make the Preferred choice and apply with us.