Each year in April, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, and students in practice, education, research, and science host a month long celebration showcasing the importance of Occupational Therapy.
Here at Preferred Healthcare Registry we love our OT’s and OTA’s! We appreciate all of your hard work and dedication each and every day and the incredible impact you have on the lives of your patients. Your hard work does not go unnoticed as you quietly go about your business of changing the lives of those you serve.
Even though we tell all of our clients how great you are, it doesn’t hurt for you to tell everyone how great you are too! The American Occupational Therapy Association has some great ideas on how you can help promote all the good that you do. The following is an abbreviated list of “The Ten Things You Can Do To Celebrate Occupational Therapy Month”
- Use Social Media – Tell your friends. In today’s world it has never been easier to let your friends know all about you!
- Talk to Public Audiences – Career days, Kiwanis Clubs, the opportunities are limitless!
- Share Your Activities – Let people know how you are promoting OT Month!
- Provide a Public Service – Get involved with a group that your unique skills as an OT or OTA can be helpful!
- Throw an OT Month Party – Invite former clients to a celebration on how they are living life to the fullest during OT Month!
- Hold a Contest – Invite clients to write short stories or take photos of what living life to the fullest means to them!
- Confer Special Honors – Recognize an outstanding administrator, name an employee of the year, or honor a person or client who’s living life to its fullest!
- Inform Co-Workers – Let everyone know how both OT’s and OTA’s help those they serve live life to the fullest!
- Make House Calls – Put together a fact sheet about your program and deliver those to offices in your area!
- Visit PromoteOT.com – Visit the website to check out products that help you celebrate and promote OT Month!
You can see the complete list here. Be sure to visit our job board for new positions to impact lives through your diligent service. Your hard work does not go unnoticed! Happy OT Month from all of us at Preferred Healthcare Registry! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to your profession, patients and Preferred!